The same set of sports production tools as 3Play 4800 - but sized and priced for smaller programs - makes 3Play 440 a complete, integrated sports production system for mobile and regional producers who deliver small to mid-sized live sports.
With more real-time capabilities than any multi-camera replay server all packed into a single turnkey solution, 3Play 440 raises the ceiling for visual quality, format flexibility, and revenue opportunities for organizations with more limited budgets - even in standalone environments where a traditional production switcher isn’t available.
3Play 440 allows regional and mobile broadcasters, colleges and conferences, and mid-size venues to experience greater creative freedom, integrate smoothly into any location, and produce stunning slow motion, instant replay, in-game highlights and social media sports at any speed on any screen - serving officials, fans, and sponsors alike.
- Perform virtually any sports video production task - home or away - even with a reduced crew, with extensive built-in capabilities
- Extensive workflow customization, with flexible 4-in, 2 out HD and SD component, composite, and SDI I/O for advanced operators and mobile units serving regional audiences - and beyond
- Reduce equipment footprint and save on weight, power, setup time, and cabling
- Save up to 75% compared with many other replay systems
- Make a major impression on viewers with visuals designed for maximum audience engagement
- Produce mobile sports your way, with the most flexible, customizable, and workflow-adaptable set-up, operation and programming potential available
Integrated Mobile Sports Production
Produce sports programs in a single solution with a small footprint and a low-impact sticker price. Doing the work of multiple systems with its 4-camera ISO recording, 140 hours of HD storage and playback, pristine slow motion, multi-camera replay switching, media publishing, highlights creation, camera color correction and more, 3Play 440's single 2U rack mount solution lets moderate and smaller sports productions gear up vans and booths without piling up the spending on racks of equipment.
Self-Contained Live Shows
Perform essential end-to-end game production even in minimalist in-house setups, and feed a spectacular fan experience to the board. Even without a dedicated switcher, the smallest crew can use 3Play 440 to switch the game for up to 4 cameras, in both live and replay segments; add internal and external sources to play back clips, effects, overlays and transitions; include titles and scoreboard feeds from across the field or over the network; and provide the highlights to social media networks. All in real time.
Keep all the action right in front of you and the audience, with built-in, multi-view monitoring and switching of every live video source and captured content channel. Preview and switch between every angle simultaneously from either the UI or the controller. Don’t just cut - serve up the best shot at the perfect moment to pump up the crowd, with custom animated transitions and 3D warping video effects. You just can’t get that kind of live editing anywhere else.
ISO Camera Capture
Capturing more angles makes any size game look larger and adds another dimension of drama. They can all be recorded automatically with 3Play 440 to capture, protect, repurpose, and create even more programming from your assets. Available immediately for rapid-turnaround handoff to postproduction in high-quality QuickTime in your native HD resolution.
Built-in Color Matching
Outdoor games are part of a mobile crew’s business. Budget for a dedicated color correction station is not. 3Play 440's advanced proc amp toolbox automates color calibration across all sources, and provides not only consistency but also algorithmically calculated precision to make every lighting change or shift in the weather practically invisible to anyone watching on screen.
Automation & Control
Production sophistication can grow more dazzling, without the growing pains of added crew and added complication. One operator can streamline processes, with one-click macros for complicated or frequently performed actions and sequences. More operators - whether new to the crew, or advanced at their specialty - can breakout control of certain tasks to button-push MIDI devices. Trucks and venues with compatible switchers can use Advanced Media Protocol (AMP) to control clip and playlist actions remotely.
If referees need visual verification (or the league rules require it), and restless fans need entertainment during the pause, then 3Play 440 is the one to provide both. Game-clock overlay shows the synchronized sources of camera and timer. Simultaneous playback of multiple angles give a visual comparison side-by-side or picture-in-picture, so you can draw out the tension of the match while putting to rest any questions.
Show-Stopping Motion Control
Smaller productions still need maximum audience engagement, and for sports fans, there’s nothing more riveting than watching a dramatic play in crisp, clear slow motion. 3Play 440 uses your existing, standard HD and SD cameras, feeds the into its breakthrough super-resolution algorithm, and adds T-Bar and jog-wheel control of playback from nearly a standstill to double speed, backward and forward.
Gain more exposure while growing your base to online communities. One-touch publishing directly to social media networks like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube gives your own branded content - highlight clips, stills of all replay angles - the potential to go viral and dominate the game-day conversation online.
Intuitive Clip Access
With up to four angles of every play captured at all times, your replay operator has lots of choices to make on the fly. Cut up to 30% of extraneous keystrokes and save time in the crunch, with 3Play 440’s FastClip context-aware text field. Whether you’re renaming, searching for, or moving a clip, FastClip uses what you’re typing to automatically determine what to do - like having your own clip assistant.
Expand Your Brand
Mid-tier productions can’t afford to lose out on the exposure, promotional, and commercial opportunities that better programs can earn - and smaller producers feel the same pain. But strained budgets can’t always add more graphic workstations. 3Play 440 builds in high-impact design elements for your packages, highlights, and sponsor segments - like real-time cloth transitions, 3D video warping, and image transformations with alpha channel and embedded audio - and includes the software to make them yourself.
Visuals that Impress
If four-camera replay will take your games to the next level, overlays will multiply the visual possibilities with whatever your creativity can supply, but without the multiple creative workstations normally required. Any video, graphic, animation, effect, replay, or camera feed stored in the system - or any live source brought in over the network, like telestration, titles, or motion graphics - can be keyed over in full motion, and positioned, scaled, and cropped to create the highest-impact compositions and get more sponsor attention and professional exposure for your sport.
In-game highlights editing takes the hottest plays and gets them ready for fans’ appetites while they’re still fresh. With audio, speed control, custom 3D effects and transitions. Yes, you can build them with your own brand elements, yourself - and a music bed for even more of a post-production touch. Your athletes, fans, and big plays all get the star treatment they deserve long before the final buzzer rings.
Whether moving from van to venue or sideline to booth, 3Play 440 adapts to any space. Link into scoreboard feeds, MAM systems, and other devices. Routers can expand camera count beyond four for more ambitious events, while our SDK opens up workflows with more external applications and fewer workarounds. In connected environments, NewTek TriCaster detects 3Play 440, performs connection-aware configurations automatically, shares playlist duties, executes shared batches of commands, and automates playback sequences - making an exponentially bigger show possible, even in the smallest spaces.
|Video Inputs||Up to 4 simultaneous live video sources, in any combination of supported connection types, resolutions and frame rates (including PsF selections), with third-party video router support
|Video Outputs||2 fully independent playout channels, individually configurable for output via SDI or Analog (configurable for Component or Y/C + Composite)
|Output Modes||A; B; A+B with transitions between playout channels|
|Recording||Simultaneous recording of up to 4 live video sources|
|Recording Format||Native recording up to 1080p resolution in high-quality QuickTime format|
|Recording Capacity||Accommodates ~140 hours 1080i via 3TB internal drive and 3TB removable media drive (included)
|Playback||Multi-speed playback via T-Bar or transport buttons
|Grab||Grab still images from output or all inputs and outputs|
|Media Publishing||Integrated application for content upload to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, FTP, local volumes or network servers|
|Overlays||1 overlay per playout channel, with independent transition, positioning, scaling and cropping, and support for picture-in-picture layering of live camera, playback angle, game clock signal and more|
|Network Inputs||2 live inputs for overlay application via Gigabit connection, selectable from any available network sources with support for video, audio and alpha channel
|Buffers||Content buffers to store and playback animations, still images and graphics for overlay application
|Effects and Transitions||Standard transitions and customizable animation store transitions supported for transitioning between playout channels and playlist clips
|Scoreboard Integration||Display real-time scoreboard data in on-screen graphics over local network via NewTek LiveText or third-party partner solutions|
|Multi-Viewer||Supported with 2nd display, including playback data|
|Audio Inputs||4 SDI Embedded
3 x 2 Balanced 1/4"
1 x 2 Balanced XLR
|Audio Outputs||2 SDI Embedded
1 x 2 Balanced XLR
1 x 2 Balanced 1/4"
|Supported Session Formats||
|Session Management||Set up and store session settings in reusable template sessions|
|Processing||Video: 4:4:4:4, 32-bit Floating Point
Audio: 4 channels, 96kHz, 32-bit Floating Point
|A/V Standards||HD-SDI video conforms to SMPTE 292M
SD video conforms to SMPTE 259M and ITU-R BT.656
Analog audio levels conform to SMPTE RP-155
|Time Code||External LTC source or internal system clock|
|Genlock||Locks to HD or SD analog signals
Supports either tri-level or bi-level sync sources
|Tally Display||Supports tally display from NewTek TriCaster system (or other supported system via NewTek SDK) over local network|
|Macros||Record commands and operation sequences for recall and automation using keyboard, mouse or compatible controller supporting macro assignment
|Controller||Includes 3Play hardware control surface
|System Physical||2U Rack Mount, with 430W power supply and multi-tiered hardware and software fail-safe
Subject to change without notice.
- USER INTERFACE - Connect up to four live video sources (or more, using a compatible external video router), audio sources, and the included hardware control surface for multi-channel recording, multi-speed playback, media publishing and asset management.
- MACROS - Make frequently used commands and sequences automatic. Record a series of operations as a macro event, make adjustments as needed with the built-in Macro Editor, then trigger with a single click, keystroke or button press.
- GRAB - Capture freeze frames of the action from every angle simultaneously, then post your HD images to social media accounts and storage targets, using the integrated media publishing system.
- RECORDING - Record up to four channels of video simultaneously. Files are recorded at native resolution to a high-quality QuickTime format for media publishing, post-production or archive purposes.
- LIVE DESKTOP MONITORS - View the action from every angle with full field rate preview displays and monitor audio levels with VU meter overlays. Integrated multi-view monitoring allows you to select from additional layouts and send all on-screen monitors to a second display to enlarge your workspace.
- OUTPUT MONITORS - Monitor the live video output of the two fully independent playout channels and mix them, using standard transitions or custom animations.
- OVERLAYS - Layer live sources, titles, graphics and animations over playout channels; layer one playback angle over another for simultaneous picture-in-picture playback; or capture the game clock and layer over playback for official review. Each DSK overlay supports independent positioning, scaling and cropping.
- CHANNEL INFO - View key playback data for A and B output channels, including time code, clip duration, and playback speeds.
- FASTCLIP WINDOW - Input and edit metadata, search, filter, and categorize clips, and more, with the intuitive 3Play 440 asset management system. FastClip supports input from both the control surface and keyboard for flexible data entry and navigation.
- BUFFERS - Access pre-produced video, motion graphics, titles, bugs and animated effects for use in overlays, with watch folder functionality to edit and update in real time over the network.
- TRANSITIONS - Transition between A and B playout channels in real time using crossfades, wipes and dissolves – or use full-color animation store transitions with embedded audio and TransWarp effects. The integrated Animation Store Creator application lets you build your own custom animated transitions and warping video effects.
- NETWORK INPUTS - Share computer screens or displays from wireless Apple AirPlay devices like iPad, iPhone, or iPod, connected to the same local network. 3Play 440 also accepts titles, graphics and scoreboard data from NewTek LIveText and compatible NewTek developer solutions for overlay applications.
- CLIPS LIST - Manage all marked events and clips for playback. The multi-tab structure, customizable tab names, and per-clip metadata entry provide for efficient asset management and organization.
- CLIP MONITORS - Preview all clip angles from a recorded event simultaneously, while the action continues in your live desktop monitors. Clip Monitors can be embedded in the user interface, multi-view display or both.
- PLAY LIST - Create highlight reels with per-clip management of audio and playback. Build and organize multiple clip sequences, using the multi-tab structure, then customize with animation store transitions and a background music track.
- TAGS - Create and manage your own code system for instant metadata entry. Assign Tags to teams, play types, players, and more – then build full descriptions from keystrokes or simple control surface commands.